Mittwoch, 1. Oktober 2014

1 month (*party*) and waaaay too many other things

Hey guys :)

I had lots of things to do during the last few days, so this post is probably going to be a bit longer than usual ;)

Let's start with Thursday:
Thursday was Terry Fox Day. I'm sure everyone who has already read a blog about an exchange year in Canada knows what that means, but just in case you don't: Terry Fox had cancer in his right leg, and he decided to raise money for research by running all the way across Canada, 42km every day ("Marathon of Hope"). However he didn't make it because the cancer got to his lungs and he was forced to stop after 143 days, and half a year later he died. To remember him and to raise more money for research on cancer, almost every school in Canada takes part in the Terry Fox Run. Afterwards you can donate money by buying food or candy etc..

That same day our school celebrated the Franco Ontario Day (= a day for all the French speaking inhabitants of Ontario) and during French class they gave us candy. Good thing if you have two periods of French like me ^^

Friday was PA day, the most awesome idea ever: Students get a day off. Just like that. To give them the opportunity to "study" individually... haha...
I went to an Outdoor Activities Camp and we did lots of fun stuff like canoeing, high ropes, and climbing inside an old silo :) In fact, I did a lot that day, but studying was definitely not a part of it.

Saturday was nice as well, the leaves are turning yellow-orange-red now so we went north visiting the Amish people (is that how you write it??). The Amish live without electricity or any other modern technology, and basically they're just farmers. We got pumpkin, bread, doughnuts and beets, and afterwards we made pumpkin pie and OMG IT'S SO GOOD *-* add this to the list of my favourite recipes xD

Sunday I went to the movies with a friend to see The Maze Runner, which is actually pretty good but the book is just so different, I think they changed almost every scene. Like, not in a bad way, just different, but still it wasn't the same :/

Monday was figure skating practise as usual and yesterday I learned for my English test today, it was so hard O.o Seriously, all the quizzes we've had until now were nothing compared to this. The first ten questions were easy, true or false, but then the other ones were like:
"Explain which kind of character Romeo and Juliet are by using the Point-Evidence-Example technique, at least two examples each";
"Tybalt and Mercutio are similar characters. Agree or Disagree";
"Who or what is responsible for the tragic ending of Romeo and Juliet? Write an introduction, three paragraphs with three different reasons and a conclusion sentence"
Yeah by the time I turned my page over I only had 45 minutes left for all three questions, so I didn't really answer properly... Whatever, I'm not the only international student in this class so I guess I'm not the worst anyway xD I'll just try to do well on the next assignment.

Lilly

Oh and right now I remember that one word I didn't know during the test -.- it was indeed...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen